Secure docs link via SMS

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
JT1990

Secure docs link via SMS

Post by JT1990 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:59 am

Hi all

Not sure if this is even possible but was looking to explore the possibility of sending the link via SMS.

I realise the secure docs link when sent via email is from a placeholder. Is there anyway of extracting the URL it generates to put into something that can be added into a SMS?

Going to ring Eclipse shortly but wanted to see if anyone here had any suggestions.

Cheers

Enigma

Re: Secure docs link via SMS

Post by Enigma » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:32 am

Hi,

As coincidence would have it, I was looking in to doing the same thing myself a couple of weeks ago.

Sad to report that according to Eclipse it is not possible. The URL is generated and then captured in to Proclaim after the SecureDoc is signed and imported in to the system.

I asked them if it could be done via consultancy, but they told me to log it as an Enhancement request.

It's a bit backwards in my opinion, the link should be stored as soon as you send it, not when you get it back...what's the point lol.

JT1990

Post by JT1990 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:06 am

Thanks for this Enigma, saved me a laborious call trying to get this out of them!

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:14 am

No worries :D

I'd log an enhancement request if you get the opportunity to, they may eventually cave under the pressure and set something up!

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:26 am

Just send them the base url in the text message and they can log in with case data. They're presented with all docs that need signing not that specific document.

Securedocs.co.uk/yoursolicitorsname

JT1990

Post by JT1990 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:54 am

Hey Revell

Don't think that works as we tried. Apparently the link they get is specific to the documents that need signing which is what we want to send them.

The base URL doesn't give them those docs. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:47 am

Hmm interesting idea Revell.

While the link specific to mine and JT's scenarios can't be sent until the document has already been signed.

Logging in prior is an idea...however. I have just tried and already hit a wall. Our site has 2 case types that use SecureDocs. But it looks like the link on our website only references Personal Injury (the default). Whereas we primarliy use it with another Case Type but the web link does not reference this. - Edit - I've poked Eclipse to see if there is a way or if I'm missing something obvious.

Trying to log in with a cases details on this just returns the usual

"Unable to retrieve Document
The details you have supplied to access this document are incorrect."

Obviously if there are multiple documents that need signing it could cause confusion for the client, but I'd leave that to the relevant people to inform them of what one to sign. But if your set up is literally just one Case Type JT unlike mine, that is a potential workaround. Not direct to the document, but as close as you are going to get.

David P

Post by David P » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:29 pm

Can you not get around this by using an email to SMS service? Then just a case of getting the email to send to the correct address of that service in those instances? Assuming the link would survive the process of course.

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:04 pm

Ooo interesting...perhaps!

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:11 pm

Checked with 2SMS and there is functionality to do this with them.

I need to test it at some point, but sounds hopeful!