Skipping the print queue?

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
ethusiastp

Skipping the print queue?

Post by ethusiastp » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi All,

Is anyone aware of anyway that the print queue can be skipped on a per document basis? I'm looking to put in place an process that involves generating documents but not having them print. Historically if this was a task server job, you could have it on a task server that doesn't have any print related jobs and just have the print queue pile up and never print from it. I'm aware you can have direct printing on, but I'm looking for a per-document basis as it's going to be a user action rather than an automated action on a task server.

Thanks,

revellbikes

Re: Skipping the print queue?

Post by revellbikes » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:28 pm

Each document has a form associated with it. Each form controls the number of pages, file copy and original copy. Set both to 0 for that particular document and you're sorted I think?

biglebowski

Post by biglebowski » Thu May 16, 2019 9:39 am

Am I correct in think that even if you set the No. of Copies and No of File Copies in the form to 0 that the document still appears in the print queue, but obviously when 'Print/Fax' is selected does not send the document to the printer.

Is there a way to bypass the print queue completely?

Cheers

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes » Thu May 16, 2019 10:29 am

No, not that I know of.

You can set a user to Direct Print which sends everything to the printer rather than a print queue, or you have print queue setup and all documents end up in there. (Just a reference for people searching in the future - switching this on or off is done in user profiles, Email/Printing tab and select the Direct Printing tick box to disable print queue.)

With the method discussed, the user would select all documents and print, ones with 0 copies would simply not print. So not really an issue that it's in the list in my opinion, but I guess it could be annoying for some people?