XML Data

Imports, export, webservices, custom integration work, 3rd party software plugins etc. Questions about these topics live here.
BBradley

XML Data

Post by BBradley » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi Steve,

Hope all is well? I have now moved on from PCJ and am after a bit of help with importing XML files into Procalim.

I need to know how to setup mail monitoring for the XML files coming in mate and for Proclaim to read the subject line which I know it can and import the XML file or move it to a directory where Proclaim can import it.

I have created a XML data file which I think is correct but am now stuck at that point. Any help would be great mate.

Thanks in advance

Billy

steve

Re: XML Data

Post by steve » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi Billy, all good here thanks

XML import is quite straightforward, especially if the Proclaim case reference is stored in the datafile itself instead of in the subject.
So you've created your XML data template - great.
You'll also need an Import/Export job, and a Directory Monitoring Job, (sometimes called FTP monitoring in Proclaim), and an "Email Case Import" job on the Task Server.
The flow is as follows:
  • The Email Case Import job on the Task Server monitors the email account for matching emails, then passes any attachments onto a Directory Monitoring Job:
  • The Directory Monitoring job defines which Import/Export job it should call to process the attachment. It also defines holding directories and clearout times for the attachment file:
  • The Import/Export job defines which Data Template should be used to map the imported datafile to PRoclaim fields, whether proclaim should create a new file or import into existing, as well as any linked actions to run after processing the case.
you can test most aspects in single steps, for example, manually run your XML through the Import/Export program to get it to work, then progress on to Directory Monitoring - copy your XML to a monitored directory and check it still works, then set up your email case import job and see that it all ties up. MAke use of the Task Server logfiles to help diagnose problems.

Good luck!
steve

good luck!
The task server will monitor the Outlook Inbox on the server running the Task Server instance, and will filter on email address and subject, so you can have the outlook set up for multiple accounts, and set different import jobs depending on the subject.

1) create your import job, selecting your XML template( make sure one of the fields in the XML data templateis the Case Key. The Filename and Move File To.. entries aren't necessar as the file comes in via Directory Monitoring, but give it a temporary folder to stop error messages and use it for testing the import job by dragging and dropping test attachment files directly into this folder.
2) create your Directory Monitoring Job (FTP maintenance).
Type: import.
Active: doesn't actually matter as the job is triggered by the Task Server, not scheduled
Transport method = none
Detail:
Monitor directory = any directory writeable by the Task Server - just a holding Directory really e.g. \\server\import1\
Processed = as above \\server\import1\processed
FTP address -leave blank
Download direcory -leave blank
login - leave blank
password leave blank

import file format : X M L
import job - select your import job

admin email - an account that receives notification of failures
checking interval = 0 if you want it to match the cycle of the ATM/Task Server
Clear Processed directory? I generally tick this and put every 7 days of files older than 7 days old. just check that nothing else in the processed folder will be affected!

On the Task Server, create a new Standard Task from the Wizard - "Email Case Import". it might be there already for e.g. Interfax.
General tab: enable?=YES
must run on its own = NO
leave the rest

DATA tab:
next to Parameters data field, when you are modifying the task, will be a small "..." icon, click this to edit the task.
make a new job -
Recipient email: to match the Outlook email account on the server running the Task Server
Subject Filter: as you see fit
Directory Monitoring job: select as you created above
Processed Reply: as you see fit.
Reply To Sender: as you see fit. you can add fields here such as <<case.key>> - see the manual for more info.

Times: as you see fit.
Save, and you should be ok to go. test it out, and check the log for an errors.
  • Some notes:
  • I have to save, exit, and re-edit the task to get the Reply to Sender to work.
  • Eclipse had to do some work to get the <<case.key>> returned in the reply to sender for us in v3.2.8
  • It takes ages to crunch on through the emails in the inbox. Clear it out before you begin and keep on top of the size of the inbox to speed up processing.
  • You can have the XML file import into a case where the case reference is NOT in the XML, but a third party reference IS available, but it's quite invoved.
  • If the account receives mail as part of a forwarder, it may fail as the original 'TO:' address won't match the account.

rajeev108

Post by rajeev108 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Steve, this is very useful. I must try it some time.

One question: how does the mail import job knows that it has already processed a certain mail attachment? What is there to prevent it from re-processing the same attachment over and over?
Regards
Rajeev

steve

Post by steve » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi Rajeev
Proclaim marks the item as read, and also appends the subject of the email with [EMCL] or something similar

Internally it then copies the attachments to a holdi directory before processing through the import routine

Proclaim gracefully handles any cases that are locked at the time of import; queuing the update to occur next cycle of the ATM/task server

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Thu May 16, 2019 10:37 am

Hi Steve,

I am trying something similar here with regards to an SMS import from 2SMS.

Currently we have an issue where the email response just sits in the global task list as Unallocated Mail via the 'SMS Inbound Messages' Task Server Job.
Eclipse are still looking in to this with me to try and find out why they are not going directly in to a case.

From reading this thread, it sounds like this may be along the lines of a solution that I could use.

2SMS can convert their message to an XML attachment on an email which I would then run through a similar process to what you mention in this topic.

But what I am struggling to grasp is if...I can import the XML in to a case based purely on the phone number, as I do not have the Case Reference.

You made reference to:
"You can have the XML file import into a case where the case reference is NOT in the XML, but a third party reference IS available, but it's quite involved."

How 'involved' are we talking? I am assuming perhaps some SQL queries may need to play a part to identify the file/s with the phone number, but other than that I am at a loss.

Thanks!

steve

Post by steve » Thu May 16, 2019 10:52 am

Hi,
I refer to a feature in v3.1 that lets you import data into a case not by the Proclaim case reference, but by the third party reference instead.
"
External Application Import and maintain a cross reference between Proclaim® cases and third parties i.e. AA, RAC, Greenflag ‐ Enhancement 200807043"

"PROCLAIM® HAS BEEN ENHANCED TO IMPORT AND MAINTAIN AN OUR REF/THEIR REF CROSS REFERENCE WHEN IMPORTING EXTERNAL APPLICATION XML FILES. THIS CAN ALSO BE USED VIA A LINKED ACTION."

It's in "3.1 incremental release notes". You set up some entries in System Parameter Maintenance to enable the feature,
then in XML maintenance, tag and add a Data Description to the XML field that holds 'their ref' on your proclaim system. When the import runs, it uses the contents of this tagged field to find the correct Proclaim reference to import into.
I presume you could use Client.Tel Mobile for this too, but haven't tried it.

This is all a bit of a workaround, and I would fix the underlying issue with the 2SMS import. We have this working at a number of sites with few issues.We had the same issue at one site in 2014 but it was resolved by Eclipse support.

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Thu May 16, 2019 10:57 am

Brilliant, thank you that's appreciated.

Hopefully we can get a fix for the normal import as it would save the headache. But at least there is a potential Plan B!

Thanks again.