unpicking tests in letters

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
danny

unpicking tests in letters

Post by danny » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:25 am

alright, when we have a really complicated letter template with lots of tests in it and they are all nested together
is there a way to see which ELSE END belongs to which test? can u get word to show u a code or something that links the elses and ends to their test?
we want to remove one of the tests but cant tell which else and end belong to which test

thx

revellbikes

Re: unpicking tests in letters

Post by revellbikes » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Best way I've found is colour code the IF ELSE END's the same.

You can add formatting in Word aswell to make the IF ELSE ENDS highlighted all the same colour too.

But to answer your question - use a colour coding system, unless anyone has other solutions - I'm all ears :D

danny

Post by danny » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:06 pm

thanks that helps point them out if someting has not gone wrong but we have a letter that has been cut and pasted loads and all the else ends are muddled up and the doc is broken

are the ELSE ENDS actually linked to the test that they were created with or are they just a generic else end that doesnt matter where you use it so long as you always have enough ENDs then it will work out?

thx

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:57 pm

The test must be added through the field selector. All sections of this test relate to each other. So you can't just copy and past ELSE END from one test elsewhere in the document.

I'm afraid in this case your options are to roll back the version of the document to the last known working version. Or re-add the tests making sure all aspects are kept together and not jumbled around or duplicated, colour coding to make it easier for the next developer.

danny

Post by danny » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:16 am

got it ill start color coding them when i add them
cheers good idea ;-)