No authorisation to action / cancel tasks

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
RRandall

No authorisation to action / cancel tasks

Post by RRandall » Wed May 10, 2017 2:01 pm

I cannot action / cancel any task in my task list. Any ideas how I can delete them?

I am right clicking on the task and pressing cancel but it says I do not have authorisation to do this but I do have the authority to do this?

Is there any other way I can delete them?

Thanks

SteampunkProfessor

Re: No authorisation to action / cancel tasks

Post by SteampunkProfessor » Thu May 11, 2017 9:46 am

The Task Categories utility tells you which level of authorisation you need to have to do this, then just change your security level on the Main tab in User Profile to have at least this value.

kettleashlee

Post by kettleashlee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Sorry just been having a browse through some forums and came across this...what if you have highest security level and still cannot amend or delete a task?

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:56 pm

There are a few different features in Proclaim that can cause this. Authorisation level as discussed above is one reason. If you have the highest level, its not that.

You may however, be trying to cancel a task in someone else's name, if that's the case then you may not have authorisation to remove another users task. This can be rectified by giving the correct permissions in the task diary tab in user profile.

There are then also certain 'blanket bans' if you like on amending and deleting tasks, per user, also in user profiles but on authorisation tab.