HTML Editor

Submitted an enhancement request to Eclipse? Let others know about it here - strength in numbers may get it added quicker - or someone may know how to get around your problem already
andyh

HTML Editor

Post by andyh »

I've submitted a request to develop the HTML editor to work the same as any other WYSIWYG editor, and allow access to code directly in HTML.

Right now, emails crafted in the current editor will only display correctly on a Microsoft email client such as outlook. Email apps on mobiles don't display the tables correctly.

If we had the ability to craft a proper HTML email, we'd have much more scope for well presented emails, allowing us to market and promote directly from the workflow.

Thanks
Andy

danny

Re: HTML Editor

Post by danny »

this would be good
but you can always edit the html directly in the document store if u need to manipulate the html with your favourite html generator or in raw html

andyh

Post by andyh »

danny wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:32 pm
this would be good
but you can always edit the html directly in the document store if u need to manipulate the html with your favourite html generator or in raw html
I tried editing in the document store, but as the email is processed through MCH, it wipes out any formating and changes everything back to the default template formatting :(

David P

Post by David P »

Have you checked your Exchange server settings? I was having all sorts of weird formatting issues going on (highlighted by our disclaimer software appending HTML to the outbound emails) and it turned out that anything sent from Proclaim was a weird mix of plain text and HTML.

I somehow stumbled across the following PowerShell command:

Code: Select all

Set-RemoteDomain -Identity * -ContentType MimeHtmlText
This resolved all the issues we had with formatting , admittedly I haven't done much with tables but it could be worth a try to see if it resolves things for you.

The command is available for both on premise and cloud Exchange, MS documentation here: My account manager tells me there is a major overhaul of the email side of Proclaim coming later this year. Hopefully will that bring the HTML side of things up to date.

andyh

Post by andyh »

David P wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:42 am
Have you checked your Exchange server settings? I was having all sorts of weird formatting issues going on (highlighted by our disclaimer software appending HTML to the outbound emails) and it turned out that anything sent from Proclaim was a weird mix of plain text and HTML.

I somehow stumbled across the following PowerShell command:

Code: Select all

Set-RemoteDomain -Identity * -ContentType MimeHtmlText
This resolved all the issues we had with formatting , admittedly I haven't done much with tables but it could be worth a try to see if it resolves things for you.

The command is available for both on premise and cloud Exchange, MS documentation here: My account manager tells me there is a major overhaul of the email side of Proclaim coming later this year. Hopefully will that bring the HTML side of things up to date.
Thanks for the tip... I'll go take a look.

That'll be great if there is an email update coming :D

Code Killer

Post by Code Killer »

Hi all,

We've been having issues trying to put together professional looking emails within Proclaim but we use office 365 so there's no physical server to run the powershell commands on.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

it looks like there's a new editor in the latest version:

HTML editor
Another new feature of Proclaim’s email functionality is the text editor that can be used when creating emails, which includes the ability to implement HTML code for a more consistent corporate theme for all email correspondence that leave the law firm.

Alice spent a bit of the additional time she now has curating a new email template. It looks a lot more professional than the plain text her emails used to have. It’s formatted in a more easy-to-read manner, features her law firm’s logo, and has a little colour to make it a bit easier on the eye.

andyh

Post by andyh »

Code Killer wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:16 pm
Hi all,

We've been having issues trying to put together professional looking emails within Proclaim but we use office 365 so there's no physical server to run the powershell commands on.

HTML editor
Another new feature of Proclaim’s email functionality is the text editor that can be used when creating emails, which includes the ability to implement HTML code for a more consistent corporate theme for all email correspondence that leave the law firm.

Alice spent a bit of the additional time she now has curating a new email template. It looks a lot more professional than the plain text her emails used to have. It’s formatted in a more easy-to-read manner, features her law firm’s logo, and has a little colour to make it a bit easier on the eye.
I managed to get a pretty basic template up and running, which serves a purpose without running any powershell commands.

I am looking forward to the next update though. From my point of view, it'll be great to add a creative element to the emails we send out.

enthusiastp

Post by enthusiastp »

Code Killer wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:16 pm
Hi all,

HTML editor

Could I ask what version this is? Be good to know, so I can ask Eclipse for release notes

andyh

Post by andyh »

ethusiastp wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:51 am
Could I ask what version this is? Be good to know, so I can ask Eclipse for release notes
Its v3.4.1.20