Proclaim over VPN

Questions around Server admin, DB admin, email, printers, scanners etc related to Proclaim.
rajeshlk

Proclaim over VPN

Post by rajeshlk »

Morning

Has anyone managed to configure laptop/pc to log into proclaim via to VPN?

Ive installed proclaim on my laptop but when i try to connect to proclaim it simply wont connect.

danny

Re: Proclaim over VPN

Post by danny »

dont
its a nightmare
use rdp instead just send the screen and keystrokes over vpn not the whole proclaim traffic

David P

Post by David P »

danny wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:09 am
dont
its a nightmare
use rdp instead just send the screen and keystrokes over vpn not the whole proclaim traffic
This!

The latency kills it (let alone variable bandwidth of users' home broadband connections).

I found this KB article very interesting: https://access-support.force.com/Suppor ... with-Azure
If 4ms can cause performance degradation within that environment, imagine a home broadband connection with Wi-Fi encryption and then VPN on top.

Mark_ACA

Post by Mark_ACA »

danny wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:09 am
dont
its a nightmare
I agree...

However use a VPN and RDP over that, so its secure and fast. Don't be opening access to RDP over the internet.

Also I have an RDS farm for our proclaim users, even the onsite users access this way, its much easier to maintain and support than proclaim clients installed on each workstation. So you could look at adopting this model if its financially viable and then add the VPN for external access.