ACAS Website Integration

Imports, export, webservices, custom integration work, 3rd party software plugins etc. Questions about these topics live here.
gav76

ACAS Website Integration

Post by gav76 »

Hi all
We have a requirement to upload data for group action claims to the ACAS Early Conciliation service website. Has anyone ever explored integration with this service? We currently manually upload the data but there is a limit of 50 claims at a time, so when we have to upload several thousand claims it is extremely time consuming.

I can't see any information on the ACAS website about integration or bulk uploading, but I would expect that there will be other firms who handle large volumes of these type of claims, so I suspect something must exist!

Any info gratefully received.

thanks
Andrew

steve

Re: ACAS Website Integration

Post by steve »

Hi,
I don't know about an official API but you could write a web automation script to perform the web form submission for you.
Unless the website is doing something unusual, it should be straightforward to automate to the point of view you can integrate it with a proclaim autoroutine or linked action.

There are any number of ways to go about it depending on your programming skillset - perhaps a python+selenium script that ingests a csv created via a Proclaim export, or publish a local .Net webservice using e.g. HTMLAgilityPack that accepts REST calls from Proclaim, submits the form and returns results.

You'd have to check whether this was allowed by the provider, and think about long-term maintenance should the website change etc.

gav76

Re: ACAS Website Integration

Post by gav76 »

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.

Selenium was our plan B but we'd rather explore any "official" route first. As you say I'd be concerned about website changes and things inadvertently going wrong.

Will update the thread if I find out anything more!

cheers
Andrew