Laserforms

Imports, export, webservices, custom integration work, 3rd party software plugins etc. Questions about these topics live here.
RRandall

Laserforms

Post by RRandall » Wed May 09, 2018 3:58 pm

On conversion we had our Laserform documents which were already saved brought into our history on cases. When we double click on the history line it opens them via the Laserform application (same as a zip file). We have no Laserform forms on proclaim (as we don't have the integration) but is there a way where we can drag and drop a Laserform into our history? When we try this we just get a bunch of error messages then it throws you out of Proclaim. Surely there is a way to do this as the conversion ones can do this?

revellbikes

Re: Laserforms

Post by revellbikes » Thu May 10, 2018 8:39 am

It shouldn't be throwing you out of Proclaim even if the file you're trying to import is incompatible. So you have grounds to ask support to rectify that bug in my opinion.

I've not used Laserforms before, what is the file type? Can they be converted into pdf or another format that Proclaim will accept?

Someone with experience in this area may be able to assist further!

David P

Re: Laserforms

Post by David P » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:49 am

When you try to drag and drop a Laserform into Proclaim, it tries to convert the form into a PDF using PDF995. We don't have PDF995 so we also get multiple errors. At the moment we have advised users to convert forms to PDF outside of Proclaim and then drag that into the history. I know PDF995 isn't expensive but it really narks me off that we need some 3rd party software for this. We actually now use very few forms from Laserform as a practice, so I think we'll ditch LFM and use the forms supplied by Eclipse instead. We've always had issues with people emailing out Laserforms and wondering why the recipient can't open them, so using PDF form from Proclaim ought to be better all round.