Web Services Import Issue

Imports, export, webservices, custom integration work, 3rd party software plugins etc. Questions about these topics live here.
ethusiastp

Web Services Import Issue

Post by ethusiastp » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi All,

I was wondering whether anyone would be able to help. I'm trying to set up a new Web Service within Proclaim and I'm struggling to get the returned result of the request (a bunch of fields and a base64 document) to import into any fields at all.

The only way I can get the data returned is to localise it within maths, but I obviously can't localise the base64 document because the web service is meant to decode it so you can using incoming-mail or copy-file etc.

I have Web Service Debug enabled to see the send and receive XML requests, and the response XML looks perfect data wise.

I'd ideally just like it to input the data into the fields as per what's been set out in Web Services Admin, as there are hundreds of fields in this WSDL. Currently speaking to Eclipse about this, but wondered whether anyone had any further ideas? I initially thought it was a namespace issue, but I Don't think so anymore.

revellbikes

Re: Web Services Import Issue

Post by revellbikes » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Are you able to retrieve everything except base64 document?

The Base64 needs to be dealt with slightly differently to the normal fields. From memory, you supply an embedded document field into the XML template with some data descriptions. Then do you copy-file maths when running the web service.

ethusiastp

Post by ethusiastp » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Nope, none of the fields import, and I can't get the base64 working either... trying to get Eclipse to assist but think they're even a bit lost themselves

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:04 am

It's going to be difficult to assist without seeing the returned xml and how you've setup your Web service in Proclaim.

You can setup the full xml structure within Web services admin or just the opening tags in there and the rest in xml data template maintenance. Then supply the xml template in web services admin through the right click menu.

Usually a bit fiddly, so if you can post some pictures without revealing too much in the way of confidential data it may me easier for us to assist.

ethusiastp

Post by ethusiastp » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:28 am

To keep you updated, I got it resolved by importing in advanced mode and manually creating the structure. Very tedious, but I believe there was an inherent issue with the way it was importing the tree structure in non-advanced mode.

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:08 am

Always click 'Yes' to the Advanced Mode question as it gives you way more to play with in terms of adjusting the structure like you say.

It's weird, some web services prefer a self built structure others an import routine. No two are the same!