Exporting cases with full history

Imports, export, webservices, custom integration work, 3rd party software plugins etc. Questions about these topics live here.
Bill

Exporting cases with full history

Post by Bill » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:48 pm

Hello,

Very new user to Proclaim here, I have been tasked with exporting some cases from Proclaim to be used on a different CMS.

Is it possible to export entire cases to a folder with the full case history and attachments?

Im not a tech guy but any technical advice would greatly help to goto IT with!

Netwiseit

Re: Exporting cases with full history

Post by Netwiseit » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:47 am

Morning Bill, You can export a case in various formats with Proclaim. You just use the Import / Export facility in the main menu.

It would be best to know in what format the recipient can best receive your export first.

You will need to create a Job and then use the Detail screen to specify the type of Export and where the export is to be located.

You can then bundle the case into a .zip file and send it electronically.

HTH.

Bill

Post by Bill » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:02 am

Thank you for responding. Preferably .pdf format, if this isnt possible what would be the best option to export as and then convert?

Netwiseit

Post by Netwiseit » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:43 am

Hi Bill, you don't export in a PDF format or similar. You're exporting the contents of the case and the documents that are contained with the case history.

The format of exporting is in XML or CDH (Case-Diary-History) or .CSV with the export having links to the appropriate document.

HTH.
Paul.

Bill

Post by Bill » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:35 am

Thats brilliant Paul thank for for the huge help, I will need to check compatibility for the other CMS to import XML but I think that will be the likely route.