FileView integration in 3rd party CRM

Imports, export, webservices, custom integration work, 3rd party software plugins etc. Questions about these topics live here.
aandrei

FileView integration in 3rd party CRM

Post by aandrei » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:00 am

Hi everyone.

We have a third party CRM, where a user can login and we provide them a username&password to access Fileview. To do so they have to go to: https://www.fileview.net/fileview-2.0/companyname and enter the username/password again.

Is there an option to automate the login process and integrate Fileview directly in our CRM? As we already validate the user by logging to our CRM.
Looking through the code on fileview, is just a simple form and a few javascript files, that I presume are consuming the SOAP requests.

Any advice will be helpful.
Regards,
Andrei.

revellbikes

Re: FileView integration in 3rd party CRM

Post by revellbikes » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:14 am

Hello and welcome.

Fileview is a standard Eclipse product so your best bet is speaking with them to discuss your requirements.

It will need some bespoke development work from Eclipse I think, this isn't something you can change yourself as it's hosted by them on their servers.

Have you thought about designing your own version of Fileview instead as the Eclipse product is fairly rudimentary and can often be restrictive.

aandrei

Post by aandrei » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:33 am

Thanks for your reply.

We've been in touch with Eclipse customer support, but they have no experience with development so they asked for further advice from their consultants.
Eclipse's documentation for developers is poor (or inexistent). My first thought was that it should be an API that could be used, but couldn't find anything on their site.

I don't like to reinvent the wheel, a rudimentary way will be to load Fileview in an iframe, but is not a nice approach.
I thought maybe someone already went through this process and get some feedback until their consultants will provide a response.

steve

Post by steve » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:56 pm

Hello,
as revelbiles points out it sounds like you should be designing your own version of fileview.
You can access and manipulate proclaim data using Proclaim-published webservices. These are used by one version of the Proclaim FileView solution and some other utilities (external CaseView) and third party integrations to access Proclaim data, so you may already have the licensing in place for this. Your client relation manager at Eclipse should be able to provide more details and indicate the required licenses and setup costs.

You can then write your CRM or wrapper utility to perform actions via SOAP request such as authenticate, perform SQL searches, query and set case values, get and put files etc. There are methods specifically for replicating fileview behaviour - namely listing screen names, their size and field contents, and running linked actions to name but a few.

There is a Word document available from Proclaim on request that describes all the Web services that allow a user to interact with Proclaim. I have a version here "ProclaimWEBServices v1.37.doc" you could ask for by name. This was provided some time ago, so you may wish to see if there is a more up-to-date version.

As a dirty hack, you could automate login to the Eclipse fileview using something like PHP::Requests to automate the login and present the fileview in an iframe

aandrei

Post by aandrei » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:23 pm

Thanks Steve for your feedback.
The iframe probably will be my last option. I'll ask the client manager for their webService documentation. Hopefully there is a nice way to implement, if I find it I'll post it back here in case anyone else might need it.