Call an HTTP Service - anyone using it?

Imports, export, webservices, custom integration work, 3rd party software plugins etc. Questions about these topics live here.
StephenM

Re: Call an HTTP Service - anyone using it?

Post by StephenM » Tue May 15, 2012 8:32 am

Hmmmm, time to dig Wireshark out i think.

Getting blank responses and no logging.

SteampunkProfessor

Post by SteampunkProfessor » Fri May 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Steve did mention a fix being required. I get the same thing when I try.

steve

Post by steve » Mon May 28, 2012 11:01 am

Speak to Graham Hannam at Eclipse - he got the fix sent over to us (we are on 3.2.10 now but were on an earlier version at the time. I believe it was a 'hotfix' outside the usual rollout - perhaps it will be included in 3.2.11).

Something to note is that the 'show debug' button did at one stage record the HTTP POST and response message(s) into c:\temp, but after the fix/after 3.2.10 this no longer happens even though the rest of the webservice works fine.

You can use MESSAGE (return-value) immediately after the WEBSERVICE call in proclaim maths to give some level of debugging, but wireshark cuts out on 99% of the guesswork if you use HTTP and not HTTPS

StephenM

Post by StephenM » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:19 am

steve wrote:Speak to Graham Hannam at Eclipse - he got the fix sent over to us (we are on 3.2.10 now but were on an earlier version at the time. I believe it was a 'hotfix' outside the usual rollout - perhaps it will be included in 3.2.11).

Something to note is that the 'show debug' button did at one stage record the HTTP POST and response message(s) into c:\temp, but after the fix/after 3.2.10 this no longer happens even though the rest of the webservice works fine.

You can use MESSAGE (return-value) immediately after the WEBSERVICE call in proclaim maths to give some level of debugging, but wireshark cuts out on 99% of the guesswork if you use HTTP and not HTTPS
This fix is now in the latest patch of 3.2.10.

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:15 pm

I'm getting the similar blank response if you display the return-value.

We're also on 3.2.10 - Steve M - is there a fix for this release or should it work straight away?

I'm still waiting to schedule some downtime for the hotfixes to be added here you see.