Hyperlink

Imports, export, webservices, custom integration work, 3rd party software plugins etc. Questions about these topics live here.
Mark_ACA

Hyperlink

Post by Mark_ACA »

We have Hyperlink setup so that if an email notification to staff needs to refer to a case, it can contain the following link :

<a href=proclaim:118728>Click Here</a>

We only used one case type and its flat (Case per matter, not Client then Matter).

However we are using the new business module now for referrals, so we have 2 case types, a pre-case and a case.

IF the user is in a different case type when they click the link it will search it for that case type. Is there a way to specify case type with this link so it always goes to the correct case ?
So far it just errors about a missing case, but I'm guessing if the case reference exists for both case types it could cause some real headaches.

TIA

danny

Re: Hyperlink

Post by danny »

confused how u can have 2 cases with the same casereference in main case handing
proclaim wont let you use the same case reference ({case.key}) twice

u would normally have

eg
ENQ12345 (pre case / new case enquiry casetype)
12346 (live case)

your proclaim link would just reference the correct case ref - either the enquiry case or the live case

Mark_ACA

Post by Mark_ACA »

Let me test further, but for the testing I just did I was in a pre-case and clicked a link for a live case, it said case not found.

Came out of the pre-case (new business module) and clicked it again and it popped up.

Mark_ACA

Post by Mark_ACA »

I sorted the case numbering for the second case type as suggested. This has solved the problem.

Thanks!