Case Diary History Import using Task Server Job

Imports, export, webservices, custom integration work, 3rd party software plugins etc. Questions about these topics live here.
Chris_Uhlar

Case Diary History Import using Task Server Job

Post by Chris_Uhlar » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:26 pm

The problem:
We have folders each containing one Case/Diary/History format .xml file and many associated files as exported from another Proclaim system. The plot was to edit CaseNo, CaseId etc. on the xml to identify where data is to go and then drop the .xml and other files into a particular folder from where Task Server would run the import, these operations to be repeated automatically until all folders have been ingested.

I can run the import manually - no problems.

I tried setting up an Import job on the task server. i used an existing export job and tried modifying parameters etc..

According to the Task Server log the job runs successfully but no data imports.

Can anyone give me a heads up on whether this is possible and what parameters or values to set on the job to get it to work?

Thanks

Chris Uhlar

ethusiastp

Re: Case Diary History Import using Task Server Job

Post by ethusiastp » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:17 pm

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately you can't have your CDH's in seperate sub folders, they all have to be in the same directory, this is why your import works fine but the directory monitoring does not

Hope this helps

Chris_Uhlar

Post by Chris_Uhlar » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:23 am

Hello ethusiastp,
Thank you for responding.

We might have wires crossed here.

The plan is ...
edit xml file,
copy xml file and associated documents into a specific folder. I will also give the .xml file a specific name.
Then Task Server runs and processes that xml file and attachments.
A few minutes later I delete everything in that specific folder
Then edit next xml file, copy.... etc. etc.

So Task Server will always be processing the contents of the same folder and will be set to run e.g. every ten mintes. In between each run we will be changing the contents.

It is the detail of how to set up the Task Server job that is escaping me.

Regards
Chris

Chris_Uhlar

Post by Chris_Uhlar » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Hello ethusiastp,

Thank you for responding to my query.

We might be at cross purposes here.
My plan was, foreach CDH .folder,
edit file to include new case number it should go to.
rename file to specific name
copy renamed .xml file and associated document files into a specific folder
The task server would be set to run, say every ten minutes. It doesn't have to monitor folder it simply runs import job once documents copied in.
After allowing sufficient time for import to complete files in the specified folder are deleted.
Then the process begins again and the next CDH .xml file and documents are copied into same folder (.xml file will have same name as before)and are processed.
So effectively everything would be in same directory.

The problem I have is in setting up the job attributes/parameters to import a CDH type file at all.

Regards

Chris Uhlar

JT1990

Post by JT1990 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:06 pm

Just a quick thought - the folders and documents you're dealing with, are they in the same place that the task server runs from?

It's just we had an import issue whereby the job would complete but nothing would happen. Turned out that we needed to have the CSV in the same server that the task server was sat on.

Figured it was worth checking!