Secure Docs - Multiple Signatures SAME Correspondent

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
revellbikes

Secure Docs - Multiple Signatures SAME Correspondent

Post by revellbikes »

Hello fellow Proclaimers.

I was wondering whether anyone had any success settingup a PDF document within Proclaim that contained multiple signatures from the same correspondent.

It's often necessary to have multiple documents sent to the client in one go, however receiving multiple emails with multiple links can often be a bit confusing for a client - so one option is to combine the 2 documents so one link is sent out.

I have a PDF document that I need 2 signatures on, I've tried adding the placeholder into the document in both required locations but it will only ever add the signature to one of them.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Thank you

Enigma

Re: Secure Docs - Multiple Signatures SAME Correspondent

Post by Enigma »

Hi Revel,

Just done a test to see if I can replicate this issue and I have been able to.

Do you have access to Adobe Acrobat Pro?

As with this I 'Prepared Form' and set up 3 text fields.

Text1 #0
Text1 #1
Text2

Text1 #0 being the first unique field set up.
Text1 #1 being a COPY of the first field.
Text2 being the second unique field set up.

I added the securedoc placeholder to all three.

Only Text1 #0 and Text2 - the unique fields - had the signature appear in them. The copy did not.

Seems to be something to do with the copied fields.

Hope that helps!

revellbikes

Re: Secure Docs - Multiple Signatures SAME Correspondent

Post by revellbikes »

Thanks for your response Enigma, I've had trouble in the past editing PDF's - particularly the fields outside of Proclaim when you want to use the 2 way Secure Docs plus feature where it imports data entered by the client on a form. Essentially Eclipse told me you had to add fields within the workflow maintenance editor otherwise it won't work. It seems to allocate field reference in an XML file e.g 'Proclaim10' and you don't appear to have any say over what the fields are labelled. On a side note this becomes a little annoying when using manditory fields within this Secure Docs process as the message displayed to the user details the Proclaim allocated field name - which means absolutely nothing to the person viewing the document!

Anyway - as for my original query I managed to fix this with the user of the "SecureDocs sent with this document (2)" options.

Essentially my requirement was to have an email go to the client with one secure docs link, client care letter and a separate form that needed to be filled in by the client.

If you use a HTML email template, add the secure docs link placeholder into the template and add in the 2 documents you require it appears as one long document on Secure Docs, they sign in one place as normal - have to fill in the bits that are manditory and then it pops back up in the history as two documents and all data imported.
SecureDocs.png
SecureDocs.png (4.16 KiB) Viewed 65 times