Matter Archive - Linking case status

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
Sophie88

Matter Archive - Linking case status

Post by Sophie88 »

Hi,

I am wanting to automate a case status when we archive a file using matter archive.

The case in proclaim desktop needs to read 'Dead' once it has been closed off. Currently when using matter archive, the status is changing to blank.

Would I need to add the question "Do you want to amend the case status to DEAD?" - Answer "YES", but I am unsure on how to do this. I assume it will have to be done on the accounts database?

Apologies if this is really simple, I am a learning newbie!

Many thanks

randers

Re: Matter Archive - Linking case status

Post by randers »

Hi Sophie,

Yes, there's a tab for archive linked action and restore linked action in the Accounts Administration program.
You just have to ensure that the linked action has the same name/code across all case types as you can't select different linked actions for each case type.

Sophie88

Post by Sophie88 »

Hi,

Thank you, its really appreciated.

I have emailed eclipse to allow me access to the program.

steve

Post by steve »

randers has the answer. To tie it together with a bit more detail:

Usually a case is made "DEAD" by filling in a date in the field {File closed.Date} but the specific field may vary system by system. Instructions on checking which field to use are at the bottom of this post.

1) using Workflow Maintenance, make a new Linked Action in each casetype that you want to archive, call it "Matter Archive" - identically named in each casetype.

2) Edit the Linked Action content. In the simplest form we just need to put a date in the File Closed field, to mark it as 'DEAD'

Code: Select all

PUT (TODAY,{File closed.Date})
(use the Field chooser to make sure your field name is correct on your system). You might want to update the Case Status to e.g. "Matter Archived" as well depending on your needs.

3) repeat for each casetype

4) run the Proclaim program "Accounts Administration"--> section"System Settings" , tab "Matter Archive", update and change the "Archive linked action" to your newly created "Matter Archive" linked action.

(Note that the Accounts Administration utility is usually password protected. Ask your accounts dept or Eclipse support for help.)

You might want to change the process around, so that the archiving workflow is initiated from the case handling side. E.g. a file handler clicks a button in a a screen. The linked action behind the button then sends an email to your Accounts dept to archive the file in Accounts, and sets the File Closed date for you.

<>
Which field makes a case "DEAD"?

* run the Proclaim program "System Matrix"
* select your casetype accordingly
* find the line "Delete Status"
make a note of the Field Name, DNA Name, and Comparison Test. The Field name/DNA is what you need to add to your linked action in step 2) above.
It is usually set up to be something like "File Closed" "Date" and the comparison of "Not equal to". What this means that a case is deemed "DEAD" if the field {File Closed.Date} is not blank (ie. it has a date in it).

Sometimes 'Delete status' might set to another field than File Closed, or option field, in which case you need to adjust the linked action in step 2 accordingly. e.g. an option field with a column to indicate whether closed or not, might be "Case Status" "Closed?" "Equal to" "yes"

Sophie88

Post by Sophie88 »

Hi,

That is great, I will give this a go. Thank you both so much for your help.