Printing in Autoroutine

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
alibrandham

Printing in Autoroutine

Post by alibrandham »

Hi

I need to create an autoroutine/mailshot to advise clients of a cost rate update.

My question is how do I get the autoroutine to send the letters to print (we don't use Proclaim print we use Kappris)?

If I set the linked action to "send a letter" and mark it as "dictated" it will then (I assume) open each file, which I don't want it to do because I am limited to having 25 files open at a time OR does the letter just come up so I can print without opening that file?

Help would be appreciated! :D

Thank you

Kind regards
Ali

danny

Re: Printing in Autoroutine

Post by danny »

autoroutine will send the letters to the proclaim print queue and from there u can send it on to the default printer that is configered
how is kappris installed is it a virtual printer?
u dont want to set to dictated for autoutoutine as this pops up the letter template in word for the user to edit
make sure ur letter template is set to at least 1 print copy for the form

hth or tell us a bit more abt kappris and how u print to it

alibrandham

Re: Printing in Autoroutine

Post by alibrandham »

Hi Danny

Thank you, that's really helpful. Unfortunately I was under a bit of a time limit so did send it "dictated" to print each one manually - luckily there was only 330 of them so did them by fee earner which meant I could do it in stages.

I'm sure this is something that will come up again though so will definitely do what you said!

Kind regards
Ali