PDF causing Proclaim to crash

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
ISimpson

PDF causing Proclaim to crash

Post by ISimpson »

Hello,

I do have a ticket logged with Proclaim support over this already, however, I wondered if anyone else has experienced similar issues and whether they were able to solve them (and how)?

The issue is with PDF files that are email attachments which have been added to Proclaim through drag and drop (selection not to import as separate items).

With these PDFs (and these PDFs only) expanding the history item and then clicking on the PDF to view in the preview pane results in Proclaim crashing. It just shuts itself down and bombs out. Using the same PC, PDFs that are dragged into history individually (i.e. not as part of an email) preview fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated :)

danny

Re: PDF causing Proclaim to crash

Post by danny »

alright
eclipse should fix - tallcomponents pdf viewer known to crash on some formats of pdf that adobe handles - maybe memory leak or poor render engine in tallcomponents if ur using this
pdf viewer plugin can be set in a system parameter

ISimpson

Post by ISimpson »

Ok, thanks for the info. I can't seem to find a library of system parameter configuration settings so I guess we'll wait and see what the support team say....

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes »

Is it all pdf's or just the odd one? I've seen the occasional pdf do this and if you go open it from the archive Adobe states it's corrupt