Iteration tables  [SOLVED]

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
ISimpson

Iteration tables

Post by ISimpson »

Has anyone seen or know of any knowledge base articles on extracting data from iteration tables in reports or advanced reports? I've been looking through our release notes and reference material and am struggling to find anything useful in them about this topic. I can get the selection criteria to identify cases ok but what I can't seem to do is to get output into a report. What I want to achieve is the case ref, name and then the data from one line in the table based on selection criteria and then if there is a second line to have a second line on the report for the additional data. All I get at the moment is one line with the case ref and line and no data appearing only once.

Or is it a case that an XML export read into a 3rd party application is the most likely option?

ISimpson

Re: Iteration tables  [SOLVED]

Post by ISimpson »

Okay so I have figured this out now. Functionality works in advanced reports and not standard reports. With some help from the Eclipse support team it to create maths fields in the database to contain the table selection criteria : TABLSELECT ...... WHERE .... = [something]. The maths field is included in the report fields and can then be used as a criteria test, such as omitting blank selections.

The table fields become available in the criteria selections to further fine tune the selections. In the report body the table fields are then populated onto the report and hey presto one line per line in the selection. It does become a little slow to run but my plan is to have the report created using the task server which negates that issue as a practical consideration.

Using the maths field does work in standard reports but the output of rows appears not to; however for a simple report of, say, case references and correspondent names without any table data it works a treat. Thanks to those who read the question even if no solutions could be offered.

proclaimadmin
Site Admin

Re: Iteration tables

Post by proclaimadmin »

Thanks for posting a followup with your resolution - always good to build up the knowledge base.