Letter only visible when an option is X

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
JT1990

Letter only visible when an option is X

Post by JT1990 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:51 am

Another one from me today:

Example:

I have an option field set up with say 10 options in it. I've got a letter that is generated manually by the user clicking the letter ribbon at the top and selecting Client correspondent then the letter.

I only want that letter to show in that list if that option field is set to either 1, 2 or 3. Is that doable?

I know you can set action groups and they can see certain letters, but this needs to be visible to everyone, but only if the case has got one of the selected options in play.

Enigma

Re: Letter only visible when an option is X

Post by Enigma » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:08 pm

Not to my knowledge JT.

As far as I know it's only doable via the action groups as you say.

Quick rough thought. Unless your site is different, it is usually based on the Claim Type by default. While messy, but there may be a tidier way of doing it, you could make a duplicate of the claim type, and when your option is set, it sets the new Claim Type that hides the document.

The Document you want hiding would then be assigned to that action group that looks at the duplicate claim type, if that makes sense.

Sort of a smoke and mirrors approach to it haha.

Apologies if I've rambled on there.

Only other way of hiding the documents is literally by not having the correspondent on the case...but that will hide them all :P

revellbikes

Re: Letter only visible when an option is X

Post by revellbikes » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:11 am

There's always the option to 'prevent' the document being generated using the before Maths of the document.

IF Option <> XYX THEN
RESULT = "NO"
MESSAGE( "You can't send this document")
END