Master file displaying fields from linked files

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
Jacqueline

Master file displaying fields from linked files

Post by Jacqueline » Tue May 21, 2019 6:06 pm

Scenario: Conveyancing: Large Development of properties we're handling the conveyancing for
Within a 'master file' - a table showing quite a few fields (about 20 date fields of completed action dates) for all the properties we are handling within that development
Is this possible? Alternatively what other options for an efficient overview of all those properties and critical dates in one place
I suppose a report that runs every day and saves to a folder that she can access – but ideally she’d like to see that within Proclaim and up to the minute? Or a screen where she can run that report herself - however it's not so immediate.

All thoughts/options appreciated of achieving something similar

BCC

Re: Master file displaying fields from linked files

Post by BCC » Wed May 22, 2019 12:38 pm

Assuming all of the linked files contain a reference linking them the the "Master" file can you look at an SQL view for this? It is not the prettiest way to display it, but would allow for easy access to any of the development files that make up the "Master"?

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Thu May 23, 2019 9:30 am

Hi Jacqueline,

I've been having a play around with tables the past day or so and think I have a suggestion for you that during my tests has worked.

What you would want to do in your scenario is set up a new Link Field and Table and then write some math that works like the below:

Code: Select all

QUESTION( "Please enter the case to Request Data from" , "ALPHA" ) 
PUT( return-value , {ztest link.Link Case Ref} ) 
OPEN( {ztest link.Link Case Ref} , "LOCK" ) 
# 
TABLECREATE( {ztest table.Table} ) 
PUT( {ztest link.case.key} , {ztest Case Ref.Text} ) 
PUT( {ztest link.ztest1 HF.Date} , {ztest1.Date} ) 
PUT( {ztest link.ztest2 HF.Date} , {ztest2.Date} ) 
PUT( {ztest link.ztest3 HF.Date} , {ztest3.Date} ) 
TABLESAVE( {ztest table.Table} ) 
# 
UPDATE( {ztest link.Link Case Ref} , "UNLOCK" ) 
What this is essentially doing is, from your Master File, you are creating a temporary link to the other case that you want to pull the data from. This will then take the dates and case ref from the other case, pop them in to the Master File's table and then commit those changes.

Basically, branching out to all the other linked files and pooling together the data in to the Master files Table.

Jacqueline

Post by Jacqueline » Sat May 25, 2019 11:01 am

Thank you Enigma. That sounds intesting and I'd better gen up on tables.