Name Search

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
Niamh91

Name Search

Post by Niamh91 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi

Is there anyway I can add the service provider onto the name search? I have tried looking in the columns tab at the bottom to show with columns show in the search but doesn’t seem to have service provider?

Thanks

Enigma

Re: Name Search

Post by Enigma » Tue May 21, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi Niamh,

Is the Service Provider another correspondent or field that you want to see as a column when looking for say the Client?

If so, I don't believe there is a way to add any further data other that what is specific for the selected Correspondent.

What you could do is PUT the Service Provider in to one of the User Defined fields for the Client in this example. Then you can add that column and it will show the data.

Alternatively, an SQL Query may be your best bet.

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes » Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm

How do you assign fields to the user defined, simply run some code to populate it on screen or case entry / exit?

Or does it get configured somewhere like system matrix?

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Tue May 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Yeah literally just PUT ( xyz , {Client (global).User defined 1} ) for example, and put that math wherever is most convenient.

For Niamh's scenario, I would back populate with an auto routine, and then have it on the case entry / exit to ensure it is always filled in for future cases.

SQL Query would be more viable long term, as there are only 6 user defined fields to utilize for each correspondent and no way of adding more to my knowledge. But from what I have seen, they are rarely used as it is.

Niamh91

Post by Niamh91 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:37 am

Thanks Enigma

This seems to only be changing it on the Client File. What I need, is to have it for each matter. So each matter has a different provider of that makes sense?

Thanks

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Thu May 23, 2019 11:13 am

Hi Niamh,

Have you only changed it on the one file then? Each matter you would just want to change them as well then?

Depends if your matters use Client Global or a different correspondent.

If you add the Service Provider to User Defined 1 for example in case 100001, it will only affect that one file that the client is on. any others they may be on will not change (unless you update the master record).

I just did a test with 2 of my cases, and when you add something to the User Defined, it will just make another Correspondent entry in Name Search. So rather than having 'Multiple' they will be separate. due to the data no longer being 100% the same.

My example is:
PITEST1 and PITEST2

PITEST1 has a data in user defined 1
PITEST2 remains unchanged and still has nothing in user defined 1

So I now have 2 Mr Test Tests in Namesearch. Allowing for you to differentiate between the Source Providers once 'User Defined 1' column is added.

cganner1978

Post by cganner1978 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:02 pm

you could add it to the notes field at the bottom of the screen for the correspondent ? would that work for you.... then add the notes field to the display...