Updating Multiple Closed/Archived Cases

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
galexander

Updating Multiple Closed/Archived Cases

Post by galexander » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:11 pm

Hello

Got a couple of fields to update on closed/archived matters. I'm using the trick of adding my update maths to the Existing Case Opened linked action and running an autoroutine which will run through and open each case, triggering the maths and updating the fields.

However, I haven't found a way of coding to close each case (CLOSE({case.key}) doesn't seem to work from the linked action which is run in my autoroutine) and the limit seems to be 25 open cases before it crashes out, meaning I have to keep manually running the autoroutine every time.

Anyone got code for closing the case, or a better method of achieving the above?

Thanks

J4ck

Re: Updating Multiple Closed/Archived Cases

Post by J4ck » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:28 am

Hi Pal,

Rather than using the the CLOSE process, would you not benefit from temporarily removing the File Closed date and storing it in a local variable within the Linked Action, updating the fields you require to update, and then placing the File Closed field back in the case? It would require creating a bespoke linked action for the autoroutine but it would just be a matter of copying and pasting the current maths you have in place into a new one.

I am confused as to why it would crash at 25 cases anyway, as Autoroutines would not keep the cases open and would usually close it once the linked action has completed within it.

Apologies if this is not much help but that's my two cents on the issue.

Kind regards,

Jack

galexander

Re: Updating Multiple Closed/Archived Cases

Post by galexander » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply

Eclipse provided a solution for updating closed/archived cases which is worth sharing, I didn't know about it.
In System Parameters Maintenance there is an Allow Action with Dead Cases key - update the value from No to Yes and you can run maths through an autoroutine on multiple archived cases and it will update fields. I then reset it to No afterwards.