Peppermint

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
galexander

Peppermint

Post by galexander » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi there

Anyone got any recent-ish experience of Peppermint Case Management dev?
Wondering how it compares to Proclaim in terms of dev/user experience etc.
(some people in-house are about to have a demo of it)

Thanks

revellbikes

Re: Peppermint

Post by revellbikes » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Let me know how they get on!

I'd be interested to see whether they've developed something with the same in house development capabilities as Proclaim. Or will it join the long list of predecessors with a "new, shiny, web based UI" but unconfigurable past the very basics.

galexander

Post by galexander » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:49 pm

Yes, will do.
We had Peppermint briefly a few years ago at another company when we bought a smaller firm and inherited. Had big plans to migrate to it from Proclaim but it was not up to much at the time so we stuck with Proclaim. I've heard that Peppermint has come on bit since then but would love to hear from someone who has worked with both.
If we knew when Proclaim were releasing their completely re-vamped SQL back-end version then people here may not want to look at other solutions - last I heard Eclipse were looking at 12 months till release (this was 4 or 5 months ago), you heard anything?

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Well as it stands you can get any field out of Proclaim to an MS SQL DB using MIWH, so not sure what benefits running the entire platform on it would bring apart from a huge headache trying to convert a flat DB into a fully normalised SQL based one. You can also access case information from outside the Proclaim DB from any application using the Proclaim Web Service.

In my experience (from several different firms) there's a seldomly reinforced argument / need / want / opinion that Progress is the devil and to succeed as a business one must be using a more modern database technology.

My advice to these firms is focus your energy on useful development with a proven case management tool that works.

And ask yourself what problem you are trying to solve by moving away from Proclaim?

David P

Post by David P » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:21 pm

We looked at Peppermint (admittedly a couple of years ago) and chose Proclaim over it due to Proclaim being easier to bend to our will. Peppermint is great in terms of analytics but we felt we'd get more in terms of nuts and bolts legal work out of Proclaim. I had heard from various sources that Peppermint struggled to keep the platform on the latest MS Dynamics version - could be a load of cobblers but that came from a couple of independent people.

galexander

Post by galexander » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:40 pm

Thanks David. From what you're saying it sounds a lot less customisable - any insight on the Peppermint dev environment? Is there any sort of coding language under the hood etc.?

Point taken re. SQL back end revellbikes, we export a lot here using MIWH and have started using SSIS/SSRS to create bespoke reporting system to complement KPIs and Advanced Reports.

David P

Post by David P » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:57 pm

I honestly can't remember too many details other than you would be working with the Dynamics CRM platform and SharePoint - sorry I can't be more helpful than that, we never looked at the dev environment as such.

Netwiseit

Post by Netwiseit » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:04 pm

Has anyone got any recent experience of Peppermint as this is a platform we're looking at. We've heard that the dev side of Peppermint has been expanded somewhat and we're lining up for a demo to view it's dev environment.

The primary issue we have with Proclaim is it's lack of integration to DMS systems such as iManage. Does anyone have any solutions to integrate with iManage?

Thanks.