Understanding task servers...

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
rajeev108

Understanding task servers...

Post by rajeev108 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:04 am

We have multiple task servers in our environment. They all have the same 'Username' and the same 'Start as Username' in the Server Task Details. Is this setup correct or are they suppose to be different? I only ask this because one cannot signon twice as the same user interactively. They were setup by Eclipse so I presume that is how they are suppose to be.

Also if we have a directory monitoring task running on two servers pointing to the same directory then what happens? I could envisage a scenario where both the servers are trying to process the same file and this can potentially cause problems. I am just exploring this option to build some resilience in the system so if we one server is down then the other can still process the files waiting in the directory.
Regards
Rajeev

tweedledee

Re: Understanding task servers...

Post by tweedledee » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:08 am

Hey

We have 9 ATM's, some have the same username and passwords in the config, we had to split them as we had some different mailboxes attached for different reasons.
Don't see a reason why they can't all be the same, however happy to help advise if you need anything.

rajeev108

Post by rajeev108 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:12 am

Yes I suspected it is all fine as they have been running successfully but was just puzzled.

Do you have any directory monitoring process in your environment where more than one server is monitoring the same directory?
Regards
Rajeev

tweedledee

Post by tweedledee » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:07 am

We used to, let me know if you need any help with this