Email as another user & restricting / locking cases

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
mike

Email as another user & restricting / locking cases

Post by mike » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Got two questions here, which I can't find any info on.

Firstly, is it possible to send an email as another account in Proclaim, as in not from the email address attached to the account? It's possible in another case management system we use but can't see how it would be done in Proclaim.

Secondly, is there a way to restrict access or running linked actions etc on a case? For instance, after a closure request is approved on a case, prevent users from running any further steps with maybe an exception for updating insurers and such.

Cheers!

rajeev108

Re: Email as another user & restricting / locking cases

Post by rajeev108 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:16 pm

I think you have to give privilege in Outlook to send email as another user. The syntax is straightforward but it is a a nightmare to manage. I tried it once and gave up.

Code: Select all

SEND E-MAIL (NONE) AT (Main) FROM (myemail@xxx.com) TO (CLIENT) COST UNITS (0.00) CASE ( CURRENT-CASE ) 
I think you have to build logic within LA to prevent it from running. It will execute but do nothing if not appropriate.
Regards
Rajeev

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:30 pm

Firstly, is it possible to send an email as another account in Proclaim, as in not from the email address attached to the account? It's possible in another case management system we use but can't see how it would be done in Proclaim.
On the email/printing tab in User Profiles you need to tick "Allow send on behalf of", then add in the email address they should be sending from.

You will also need to ensure the relevant policies are in place on the Exchange server side.

It will then be available to use in Code as Rajeev stated.
Secondly, is there a way to restrict access or running linked actions etc on a case? For instance, after a closure request is approved on a case, prevent users from running any further steps with maybe an exception for updating insurers and such.
Usually a 'closure request' being approved would mean the file enters a 'File Closed' state and gets a red banner across the top of the case. This prevents users performing most actions until the case is re-opened.

mike

Post by mike » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the replies. Email makes sense, I'll look into it and give it a go, see how manageable it is.

In terms of restricting actions, is there a way to restrict for a group of users? We have our own field for the closure date, and so the idea is that we want to restrict actions for fee earners but allow costs, financing teams, line managers etc to access the files and do what they need before officially closing.

Cheers,

rajeev108

Post by rajeev108 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:57 pm

You can put restrictions in the linked action which is executed when a file opens. There you can check whether closure date exists and then allow the restricted set to proceed.
Regards
Rajeev

mike

Post by mike » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:13 pm

I thought about using the linked action when a file is opened, but the key point is I don't know how to set or allow a restricted set

rajeev108

Post by rajeev108 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:20 pm

You could create an option fiend which stores the userid of all the people who are allowed to proceed if there is a closure date. Just an idea. I am sure there are other ways too.
Regards
Rajeev

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:43 pm

There's a USER-GROUP function that should be used in this instance I think.

mike

Post by mike » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:29 pm

I had a look at user groups but according to the manuals it is only used for workload monitoring and viewing the tasks of everyone in the said group.

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:14 pm

It's USERGROUP not USER-GROUP as I said previously.

It's available as a command in later versions of Proclaim. An example from the manual below:
USERGROUP(“File Opening Team”)
IF return-value = “yes” THEN
SCREEN(“Client Details”)
END
USERGROUP(“Fee Earners”)
IF return-value = “yes” THEN
SCREEN(“Linked Actions”)
END