Best practice for history import

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
rajeev108

Best practice for history import

Post by rajeev108 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:21 am

I want to pass my full quote history to live matter whenever the live file is created. I want to know what would be the best way of doing it.
All the exports would be landing in the same history directory so it will contain documents for multiple quotes. All the exports have UseCaseNumberAsFileName special instruction. My assumption is that all the history document will have different document id so nothing will overwrite.

When I run import interactively I notice that it processes the caseno.xml file and put that into the processed directory but leaves the documents in the history folder. This would mean purging the history folder regularly for old documents.

When I ran directory monitor interactively. It imported the xml file and put all the documents too in the processed folder. This scenario is not going to work as the DM does not appear to just move the files mentioned in the imported caseno XML but all the documents.

The most sensible option appears to be to export the history at the time of live file creation. In the very first task performed,ie 'M Live Initial Tasks' invoked from the quote in live matter, I write logic to import the history. However this too will leave the document files in the history which would need to be manually cleared.

I am just wondering what others are doing in such scenario.
Regards
Rajeev