Option Image refresh bug.

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
ts-nephos

Option Image refresh bug.

Post by ts-nephos » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:10 am

I've added to a screen an option image, a dropdown to control it, and multiple buttons to PUT a specific value into the dropdown. Using the dropdown to control the option image works as it should, updating the option image accordingly. Activating the buttons to PUT a value into the dropdown also works successfully as far as the dropdown is updated with the new value.

The problem i'm having is that although the dropdown is updated with the new value, the image itself is not updated with the corresponding image.

Is there a way to refresh the option image on change of the dropdown value, as that doesn't seem to be occurring?

supascooper

Re: Option Image refresh bug.

Post by supascooper » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:35 pm

I've noticed this before too. Try putting the code attribute of the relevant option field on the same screen and make it invisible. I'm pretty sure that resolved it for us.

ts-nephos

Post by ts-nephos » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:23 am

Thanks for your reply, I already had the code attribute of the relevant option field on the same screen but had the field set to visible so I could see if a change in value took place. The change in value of the code attribute was indeed taking place but without the updated image.

Per your suggestion I set the code attribute to invisible but have not see any effect from this.

supascooper

Post by supascooper » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:53 am

Ok. I'm assuming that the image changes when you click on another field on the same screen once the button has been clicked? If so, then try assigning some field intelligence to the button(s) to unconditionally go to another field on the same screen when clicked - probably best not to be one of the image option fields. That should run the linked action first and then move to the other field while updating the image at the same time.

If not then I'm all out... :?

ts-nephos

Post by ts-nephos » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:09 am

The change you suggested refreshes the Option Image as intended, when in update. It obviously has issues when not in update but I can just remove the ability to press the buttons until update is pressed. I might look for a way to refresh the image using a similar tactic whilst not in update.

Thanks for your suggestions :D .