Input value greater than the displayed field size

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
rajeev108

Input value greater than the displayed field size

Post by rajeev108 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:07 pm

I am sure I have done this before but cannot recall how.

I have an alpha field on the screen which is just showing 10 odd characters for the field size but during input I want to be able to insert text of 40 odd characters. I want the user to be able to see the full text by clicking on the field and pressing cursor right. I have tried playing with field format but nothing seems to work. Am I imagining that we can enter a bigger value than the displayed length and scroll?
Regards
Rajeev

revellbikes

Re: Input value greater than the displayed field size

Post by revellbikes » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:11 pm

If you make the field slightly bigger you will get a scroll bar. Extend it downwards not sideways

rajeev108

Post by rajeev108 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:17 pm

So we have to make the display bigger by increasing the height. I was hoping that that a single row height might be able to do the job. If I am tight on space then, from your reply, it seems that it cannot be done.
Regards
Rajeev

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by 'the display', if you mean the screen, then no that's not what I meant.

Proclaim will allow you to type up to the end of the alpha field when it's set to it's default height. If you extend the field height by dragging the field downwards for example, you get the scroll bar appear allowing larger amounts of text to be added.