TouchPoint not letting me sign with correct credentials

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
rajeev108

TouchPoint not letting me sign with correct credentials

Post by rajeev108 »

I get an error saying 'Unsucessful : You have entered invalid login credentials" when I give my correct userid/password. I have signed on successfully with these credentials hours before. Then it started complaining about 'No Proclaim web licenses available'. Eclipse FAQ says about this serror:
Cause

The referrer account in User Profiles was not ticked for 'Read Only' access on the Web Services tab. This causes the Web License to remained locked for the duration of the session, rather than just when retrieving data. The license is also more likely to remain locked if the session crashes when this option is not ticked.

Resolution

Go to the referrer's profile in User Profiles and browse to the Web Services screen. Ensure the "Read Only?" option is ticked. The license should now be released between updates.
My userid is correctly setup as 'Read Only' in webservices section. It use to let me in and see the tiles but now it does nothing but gives the 'Unsuccessful' error. Any suggestions? How do I determine which users are using the web licences?
Regards
Rajeev

rajeev108

Re: TouchPoint not letting me sign with correct credentials

Post by rajeev108 »

I notice that we have three web licenses. They all seem to be used up by my aborted touchpoint sessions. How do I free up these licences?
Regards
Rajeev

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes »

Right click the log in box, somewhere to the right of "Welcome to Proclaim 3.3".

You will get an option to "Show Licenses Used..." you will then see "Web Licenses" and it should display who or what has used them.

I think there's a web service call to reset a specific user using SoapUI or some other tool, but it's been a while since I have done this - so someone else might be able to clarify if this is done differently for Touchpoint.

rajeev108

Post by rajeev108 »

Thanks! I have asked Eclipse to provide me with the procedure. Every night their system reboots so it frees up licenses but we still need the app to remove rogue license usage.
Regards
Rajeev

Tracey

Post by Tracey »

Hi - i know I am late to the party here but I have had the same issue. To resolve, here is the response from Eclipse:-

Just restarting the app servers will clear these off if you need to. It should be scheduled to be done each night anyway but if not its easy enough to get them to restart via the scheduled tasks.