Setting up FileView  [SOLVED]

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
rajeev108

Setting up FileView

Post by rajeev108 »

I have asked Eclipse for a FileView manual but in the meanwhile can someone answer the following:

1) I understand from Eclipse that username is created by copying the 'Web User' account and the password is in 'Web Password' field. This seems too primitive as one would have to intervene manually for every user. Is there something in system matrix which enables userid to be automatically generated?

2) How is the access restricted to the files? Is one userid created per file or per client? If per client then how does the system determine all the cases to which a client has access?

I understand that we can restrict access to letters/screens/queries etc for the external clients but I need to understand how the file access rights are being established.
Regards
Rajeev

revellbikes

Re: Setting up FileView  [SOLVED]

Post by revellbikes »

There is two types of access, client and source / broker level.

Client Access
Login via case reference and a provided password which is normally auto generated by Proclaim (Web Password field). The client can only see information relating to their case, all history (can be dangerous) and selective screen information dependant on what you select in Screen Designer.

Broker / Source access
Login via a username and password setup in User Profiles. You must also select an SQL search which enables the broker to see basic case information for all cases relating to their source case.

If it doesn't exist already, Eclipse would setup all the system matrix entries and system parameters as part of the purchasing cost of Fileview. All you would need to do for the client is provide them with a password, either via letter or email.

Hope this helps

rajeev108

Re: Setting up FileView

Post by rajeev108 »

Thanks! I have just obtained the manual and it highlights the two points you have clarified. However I was disappointed to notice that there was no mention of system matrix entries in the manual.
Regards
Rajeev

revellbikes

Post by revellbikes »

No problem.

A word of warning if you're using the Client Access...

Clients can potentially see the entire case history, which in most cases leads to a lot of unnecessary phone calls and often complaints. Each document in WFM has a tick box for "Visible in FileView", which defaults to ticked. You might find every single Letter, Email, Memo, Incoming Mail etc is on full view to your clients!

rajeev108

Post by rajeev108 »

I intend to use Client Access but restrict access to just a couple of screens with key dates. I presume it is possible to disable the history,notes etc completely. It may well be that one has to go through all the documents disabling FileView access as a one-off exercise.
Regards
Rajeev

rajeev108

Post by rajeev108 »

Incidentally, the manual says that Dynamic Database is required to give access to Broker/Source. We don't use it. I am assuming that we will still be able to give client access without it. It seems to be communicating at port 8085 and we have asked our service provider to open it for us. Once done I will be able to test whether everything is behaving as desired.
Regards
Rajeev

steve

Post by steve »

On a related note, I asked Eclipse some time ago (almost a year to the day as it happens) whether it was possible to programatically change the visibility of items from the history to fileview clients - i.e. change the visibility via a linked action. They said this wasn't possible and that you have to manually change the visibility of individual items, but in a future release (I presume 3.3?) you can select multiple history lines and update their fileview visibility all at once.

"Thanks for the email. Unfortunately, it is not possible to alter the history in this way. As the history acts as the audit trail for the case, any changes have to be made manually by the user while in the case. It is possible to interrogate the history via maths, but not to change.

The functionality which allows you to select multiple history lines and change the option for "visible in fileview" in action has been fixed in the latest release of Proclaim.

rob1

Post by rob1 »

is it possible to just not sure the history tab for client access, or must that be displayed, even if its empty because items have been made not visible

Sandra MGS

Post by Sandra MGS »

Can anyone tell me how to show only live cases in Fileview please?