Proclaim 3.5

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
CELRY

Proclaim 3.5

Post by CELRY »

Anyone here upgraded yet? Any pros/cons you've seen so far with it?

David P

Re: Proclaim 3.5

Post by David P »

Just bumping this thread - We have our upgrade scheduled for mid July but I wanted to see if anyone here has already upgraded.

Interested specifically in server CPU specs, the requirements doc from Access goes with the really helpfully arbitrary measure of clock speed @ 2.4GHz on a 6 core Xeon. It would be helpful if they provided a baseline CPU model so I could compare directly but unfortunately not.

We are currently running 3.4.1 with 12 vCPUs allocated on a VMware host with 2x 8 core Xeons (E5-2620) running at 2.1 GHz.
Looking at the CPU usage, we average 11% and peak at 25% utilisation. To my mind that should mean we have plenty of overhead.

I've raised this with Access and they came back with:
My colleagues have advise that if you have performance issues, at point of upgrade, you will need to look at your infrastructure before Support can assist you.
So, if anyone here has upgraded I'd really appreciate feedback regarding server performance.

Cheers.

David P

Post by David P »

Had our upgrade installed overnight last night. Unfortunately the person doing the upgrade left us down for an hour this morning due to the dbs being un-mountable. Having got through that trauma, I'll post again in a couple of weeks once we've given it a good thrashing.

CELRY

Post by CELRY »

We also upgraded last night, had a few teething issues with secure docs and proclaim BI being knocked out but besides that its been smooth. Doesn't look like there's much to be excited about other than a new desktop icon.

David P

Post by David P »

My users have noticed a slight increase in speed, which is always nice. Other than that I I'm looking to implement the verified bank account details, should help significantly with some of our payment verification procedures.

David P

Post by David P »

P.S. I'm now running it on Windows 11 and found it much better.