Error: table-display-line : invalid row

Discuss your general Proclaim related queries here.
revellbikes

Error: table-display-line : invalid row

Post by revellbikes »

Hello!

Has anyone come across anything similar to this error before?

table-display-line : invalid row
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (1.85 KiB) Viewed 429 times
I'm receiving the error during a relatively complex table operation, searching the history and pulling back all chargeable work into one table, then processing each line returned into a fee earner totals table to show how much chargeable work each handler has carried out on the file.

I get the error once the process has completed, the screen appears to refresh iteself prior to the errors popping up. I have tried including and removing TABLEREFRESHALL commands in the code right at the end but it makes no difference.

The table view seems to go a bit squiffy with blank rows and the error reappears every time I click a table line until I refresh the screen by switching screens and going back to it. Upon return - ALL IS WELL!? No errors, all values appear correctly.

Incidentally if I run the same code but without the tables on screen, from the linked action button for example, then go straight to the screen with my tables on it, I get no errors at all.

Any help much appreciated!

ISimpson

Re: Error: table-display-line : invalid row

Post by ISimpson »

I've done a lot of table work. The thing that springs to mind is the comment about switching off screen and then back onto screen.

It sounds like there could still be a TABLESELECT in play somewhere that is trying to display.

Check the placement of TABLERESET after processing your selection.

If you are manipulating data within a loop then make sure you are not trying to get or display data outside of the start and end of the table. Check the positioning of TABLEFIRST and TABLENEXT commands perhaps. Easiest way I have found is to use the ubiquitous 'Message' click through at various points in the code to narrow down where and when the problem occurs when you are on screen.

revellbikes

Re: Error: table-display-line : invalid row

Post by revellbikes »

Thanks I'll take another look! I think it must be trying to read a row that isn't there like you say. Thanks for that!