Reporting on a date in calculated field

Solved a problem in an elegant manner and want to show off your code? Know a hard-to-find feature? Post it here for the benefit of others. Questions don't belong here.
chambers82

Reporting on a date in calculated field

Post by chambers82 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi,

I'm very new to Proclaim but feel I have gained a fairly decent understanding of how the maths structure etc works within the system.
I have an issue which i can't seem to fathom on a report which has several calculated fields pointing to things actioned on the command TODAY.
There is also a normal selection test looking at the last history item posted on TODAY.

Basically what i would like to do is report on the previous day's statistics instead of the current day.
The standard selection test i understand is to simply amend to TODAY - 1 in the advanced function. No problem there.
The math string in one of the calculated fields is described below:

IF {diary.modified-action} = "Task actioned" AND {diary.modified-date} = TODAY AND {diary.Action Code} = "BMDEFENCE" THEN 1 ELSE 0

When I replace TODAY with TODAY - 1 across all the calculated fields it just generates zero results. I've tried brackets, quotation marks, checking for extra spaces.. I've also tried to use the DATE function e.g DATE(02,08,2017) and even reversed the day & month data for my own sanity checking, and it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas as I seem to have hit a brick wall with this?

Many Thanks
Lee

revellbikes

Re: Reporting on a date in calculated field

Post by revellbikes » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:30 am

I think you need to be using the selection tests in Advanced Reports as opposed to Calculated fields.

So add in fields:

{diary.modified-action}
{diary.modified-date}
{diary.Action Code}

Then do some selection tests to match your criteria