Notepad++ language highlighter

A place to share your useful hints for getting the most from Proclaim, be it as a user or an administrator.

Example maths items are best placed in the "Example Proclaim Maths" topic.
steve

Notepad++ language highlighter

Post by steve » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:27 am

We've been developing a syntax highlighter for Proclaim Maths for Notepad++ http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
[updated 18-3-14]
http://pastebin.com/cuGLPpPj

save the code as proclaim.xml, then import as user defined language.

What we'd like to achieve is the old 'syntax check' that used to appear in Proclaim maths editor prior to version 3, that listed each field, variable and constant used in the maths. This was invaluable for checking for errors that compiled correctly - namely mis-spelling of local variables and fields outside their curly brackets. Does anyone have this turned on in >3.2?

We welcome any improvements or suggestions.

Ssteve

proclaimadmin
Site Admin

Re: Notepad++ language highlighter

Post by proclaimadmin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:24 pm

The Notepad++ highlighter has been updated with some improvements from SteveH - Thanks!

(link in the original post has been amended)

Code Killer

Post by Code Killer » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi,

I've been using notepad++ with the Proclaim syntax highlighter for a good few years now which has helped a lot, so firstly a massive thanks for posting it! :D

I've been visual studio code quite a lot recently, I was wondering if there's any potential for a plugin or similar code highlighter? :ugeek: :?:

Thanks again

John

steve

Post by steve » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:00 pm

Code Killer wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:45 pm
I've been visual studio code quite a lot recently, I was wondering if there's any potential for a plugin or similar code highlighter? :ugeek: :?:
should be doable:
https://code.visualstudio.com/api/langu ... -extension
and extendable to inline keyword/function help/autocomplete if you have the energy.

Analysing the existing Proclaim Maths editor syntax highlighter might be a good starting point.

Have a look in your proclaim installation folder for the Codejock syntax edit definition:
ConfigEditor/Schemas/_Proclaim.schclass

**edit: you might approach it by defining a syntax highlighter in Sublime Text, then converting the syntax into a VSCode grammar definition. Sublime text uses TextMate grammar as does VS Code, so you'd get two for the price of one - Sublime Text and VSCode!

David P

Post by David P » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:02 pm

If someone had the time to sort and share it would be a massive help. I use a dirty work around, change the language setting to C#, the highlighting isn't far off.